The Shann Group is always on the lookout for new people to join our team.
See below for any current positions vacant.
The Shann Group is a market leading Australasian distributor of a diverse range of products and fabrics including premium and technical textiles, furniture components, window fabrics and digital print media. We sell products across a number of industries from our offices and warehouses across Australia and New Zealand. We are a 65+ year old national business that has maintained a strong position during the COVID pandemic.
Current Job Offers:
Full time – Melbourne, VIC
Position & Responsibilities
Your responsibilities will include:
- The management and development of an extensive list of established Customer Accounts – utilising a structured call cycle
- The development of new sales opportunities through your existing account portfolio as well as seeking out new Clients through actively canvassing targeted markets
- Conducting sales calls and face to face meetings with key decision makers, promoting your products features and benefits and offering quality solutions
- Offering excellence in technical support & customer service
- This role is for someone who has a technical ability and manufacture/installation of outdoor blinds & side retention systems
The Shann Group are open to both an experienced applicant from the Window Fabrics Industry that possesses a proven sales record and key account management experience or a confident person who may not have the sales experience but is technically savvy with the manufacture/installation of outdoor blinds and side retention systems. If you are prepared to work hard to learn and determined to make the most of a great career opportunity, then this is the role for you.
The successful applicant will ideally possess:
- Solid time management skills – organisational skills & the ability to work to quarterly, monthly, and weekly call cycles to build your sales funnel
- Clear and concise communication and solid listening skills
- Competent computer skills
- A person with a real focus on achieving goals and detail oriented and apply technical knowledge and understanding of our products
- An outgoing, energetic personality & good sense of humour are a MUST that loves the “Thrill of the Sale!
The successful applicant will receive a negotiable salary, commensurate with experience, + Fully Maintained Company Vehicle & a very lucrative and achievable uncapped commission structure based on your own sales achievements and new accounts developed. This coupled with the opportunity to join an iconic Australian Owned dynamic business and establish your sales career.
If you are have what it takes, and are an Australian citizen or permanent resident, then we want to talk to you!
Part Time 0.6 FTE – Melbourne, VIC
- Monday – Friday School Hours (0.6 FTE)
- Make the role your own
- Work close to home
We are seeking an experienced HR Generalist to join us at our Shann Head Office, located in Preston near Northlands Shopping centre. Reporting to the Financial Controller, this is an autonomous role with full oversight of the HR function, with great scope to develop the role and have a positive impact on the Company. This permanent part-time position is an opportunity to work for a great Australian company in a dynamic and rewarding role with attractive remuneration on offer for the right candidate.
- Oversee the recruitment, selection and onboarding of all roles across the business (100+ staff)
- Develop and manage the annual performance review process in conjunction with payroll
- Ensure compliance with all award and industrial relations legislation
- Coordinate the annual salary review process
- Responsible for staff induction, HR end to end processes
- Review and update HR policies, ensuring appropriate communication to managers and staff
- Identify and implement relevant learning and development initiatives including succession planning
- Oversee all employee relations matters
- Oversee OHS compliance across the group and head the OHS Committee for the Victorian head office
- Coordinate – Work cover & return to work (as required)
Qualities & requirements are:
- Degree qualified HR professional or significant experience in a HR generalist role
- An ability to establish and maintain strong relationships with key stakeholders
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to act with discretion and maintain confidentiality in all matters
- Experience in interpreting awards and employment legislation
- Intermediate to advanced level of expertise in using MS Excel
If you are passionate about joining a strong iconic Australian business in a secure part-time role and this opportunity resonates with you, then we want to hear from you.
To apply, please click on the “Apply now” button, ensuring you attach your resume and a cover letter outlining your interest and suitability for the position. Applications will be reviewed as they are received, so please submit your application as soon as possible if you are interested in this role
Full time – Melbourne, VIC
- If you have a forklift licence & physically fit, apply now!
- Work Close to Home (Preston)
- Free parking & team lunches are delicious!
Duties will include but not limited to:
- Picking and preparing orders for despatch
- Efficient, accurate receiving, put away, and despatch of goods
- Unloading containers (LF Licence, LO an advantage)
- General warehouse housekeeping
Qualities & Requirements are:
- Must be reliable, punctual and available to work reasonable overtime when required
- Able to communicate and work effectively as part of a team
- Have attention to detail, including excellent numeracy
- Must be physically fit, in order to undertake manual work including heavy lifting
- Able to self-motivate and deliver consistent output
- Must be comfortable with undertaking a wide variety of warehouse tasks and have a positive and willing attitude towards helping others
- Hold valid Forklift Licences
To apply, click on the link to email our recruitment team, ensuring you attach your resume. Applications will be assessed as they are received!